Town of Cheshire
Job Description – General Laborer/Equipment Operator. [PDF]
Employment Application [PDF]
Normal work week is Monday through Friday. Normal working day is eight hours from 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM. Lunch time is unpaid from 12:00 PM to 12:30 PM.
It is understood that employment will require, at times, work beyond the normal standard eight hours per day, hazardous driving conditions, emergency calls and other general emergencies that may arise. It is a requirement of employment that employees will occasionally be called upon to work more than 40 hours per week. This overtime typically occurs during winter months for the purpose of snow removal. Overtime scheduling is administered by the Highway Superintendent.
The position of General Laborer/Equipment Operator entails many different duties including, but not limited to the following:
- Manual labor.
- Heavy truck driving.
- General building maintenance.
- Brush clearing, tree work and chipper operation.
- Snow removal and sanding.
- Roadway maintenance, including bituminous patching, gravel road repairs and grading, culvert and drainage repairs and installation, and building and repair of catch basins.
- Assisting in the general maintenance of trucks and equipment.
- Many of the activities listed will require lifting of sixty (60 lb.) pounds or greater.
III. Compensation and Benefits.
As per employment agreement.