Cheshire Planning Board
Hearing: November 28, 2016 7PM
Present: Donna M. DeFino, Francis M. Griswold, Peter H. Traub and Ronald W. DeAngelis
Absent: Shannon C. Plumb, Esq.
Donna opened the Cheshire Planning Board monthly meeting at 7pm. Peter moved to accept the minutes of October 24, 2016; 2nd by Ron with a unanimous vote taken.
7:15PM Philip Rancourt, Jr., Hearing:
Donna read the Legal Notice published in The Berkshire Eagle on November 12, 2016 and November 19, 2016 for the Special Permit Application from Philip A. Rancourt, 215 Jenks Road to replace present trailer with a new home on a non-conforming lot.
- Mr. Rancourt and Builder, Brent Field, were present. Mr. Rancourt presented a signed certified plan and was prepared to review his plan and answered questions presented. His plan is to remove a thirty year old trailer and to place behind it a new home with up-to-date piping and lines that do not freeze. The plan meets all setbacks, is smaller than the front footprint, and the value will go up. Thus, bringing in more tax money to the town.
- Peter. Reviewed all Regulations and Requirement in Section 10.
-The Cheshire Planning Board members voted as follows: Ron motioned to approve the Special Permit of Philip A. Rancourt Jr., as presented; 2nd by Fran with a unanimous vote taken.
- A site visit was taken previous to this evenings Hearing.
- Reported that the Master Plan recommendations will be forthcoming.
- Talking with the BRPC regarding financial assistance for the Cheshire Planning Board.
- Noted Zoning Exceptions; AG/Religious/Childcare sites.
- Voiced the need for specific signage definitions. Clarification needed regarding primary and secondary signage and locations.
Resident, Lynn Clairmont, Pleasantview Drive. Presented a survey of her property on Route 116 (approximately 34 acres of woods.) Contemplating the sale of forest area and keeping some of the two (2) hay fields. It was noted that there is a brook from Fales Road; the Cheshire Conservation Commission should be advised of her plan. Ms. Clairmont is working with White Engineering and the PB suggested meeting with them, reviewing her ideas, and then they would draw up a new survey with dimensions clearly shown and it will be stamped and certified by them. At that time a Form A can be presented from the engineering company. Noted: Common driveways are not permitted.
Next Meeting: If no business is forthcoming by December 15, 2016, Carole H. will cancel the December Cheshire Planning Board Meeting. Members will be notified via email.
With all business finalized, Donna motioned to close the meeting at 8:30pm; 2nd by Peter with a unanimous vote taken.
Carole A. Hilderbrand
Cheshire Planning Board Secretary
Donna M. DeFino, Chairman
Francis M. Griswold
Shannon C. Plumb, Esq.
Peter H. Traub
Ronald W. DeAngelis