December 30, 2014
In Attendance: Carol A. Francesconi and Robert S. Ciskowski, and Paul F. Astorino
Robert Ciskowski read the Board of Selectmen meeting minutes for Tuesday, December 23, 2014.
Paul made a motion to accept the minutes as submitted; 2nd by Paul with a unanimous vote taken.
- Spoke with Stacey Dakin of the DEP. She noted the DEP has no concern regarding the property condition of the Saldo Salvage site and said it would be a local issue. Carol asked to have this question discussed at the
January 6, 2015 scheduled meeting with Attorney St. John.
- Attorney Kelleher of Kraus and Hummel, attorney for Pine Valley Mobile Home evictions verbally requested to have all the Eviction Hearing for all involved (7) change to February 11, 2015. Awaiting written documentation.
- After reviewing the BRPC peer review study of the traffic report submitted by Bohler Engineering, Carol
felt the report reflected the Bohler report with the addition of the concerns regarding left turns, the distance to the fire house, and the site distance on West Mountain Road. The BOS will not be recommending a driveway on West Mountain Road. Paul and Robert felt comfortable with the review findings and also noted the importance of the distance between the fire house and the project. Mark will be thanking BRPC for their efforts in the review and will communicate the same to the DOT.
Building Inspector/Zoning Enforcement Inspector inquired about the appointment of a new Assistant Building Inspector. Carol reported that the appointment will be as of January 1, 2015 when Mark Kruzel will be sworn in.
Highway Department, Peter LeFebvre:
- Steward White Road closed Christmas day.
- Jenks Road closed Christmas Eve.
Town Administrator, Mark Webber:
- Followed through on telephone inquiry of Scott Stern regarding Cheshire Police and Fire Department
Documentation regarding his son’s incident. Evidence shows that the Adams Ambulance had arrived at Hoosac High School and had left before Cheshire arrived. Mark attempted several times to contact Mr. Stern or to leave a message but was unable to do so.
- Researched formal documentation regarding rules and policies regarding the signing of petitions. The ruling for most Berkshire towns is; “The signing of petitions is not allowed on town property.” There is no Mass G.L.
- AFG approved the amendment for the cascade system at the fire house.
- 2015 license checks submitted.
- Will follow up with Lynn and Becky regarding inspection fees. All need to be uniform in submitting and tracking fees.
- Took photographs of the Kittay property for MIIA.
Town Administrator, Mark Webber:
- Received final Time Warner Cable license contract. Carol signed the document.
- Working on preparing a financial/budget book for 2016.
Fire Chief, Thomas Francesconi:
- Requested the BOS to schedule a meeting with the Adams Ambulance Board of Director to discuss coordination of services.
- New fire engine has been delivered to Fl and should arrive here after inspections by the end of March.
- Applying for a grant for thermo imaging cameras.
- Requested Fire Chief to contact area Chief’s to see if they have any use for the 1976 Dodge pickup. If there is no interest; a bidding process will be enforced.
- Questioned if an individual wants to remain on the Cheshire Advisory Board but cannot attend Tuesday meetings how that would be benefit to the Advisory Board.
- Has researched Senior Tax Work Off Program and wanted the BOS to review its options and feasibility of using the program in Cheshire.
- Carol reminded the BOS that the option had been investigated and noted that the individual then becomes an employee of the Town and is eligible for unemployment benefits and workmen’s compensation.
- Robert felt there might be a need for those 60 and over.
- Carol stated that if an individual meets the eligibility requirements of the State, they may be eligible for a tax abatement.
- After looking over the peer review report, an individual questioned if the Town would be approving a driveway on West Mountain Road for the Dollar General. Peter, “There is not enough site distance and it does not meet the requirements.” Answer, “No.”
- Submitted a flyer for a Proposed Gas Pipeline Informational Meeting on Thursday, January 15, 2015 by the citizens of Lanesborough. Lanesborough Community Room, Town Hall, 83 N. Main Street, Lanesborough.
Town Clerk, Christine Emerson: No issues or concerns.
Police Chief Garner: Weekly Report submitted.
Mail and Correspondence:
- Forest Cutting Plan from the DCR for Joseph Alibozek Jr., 420 Stewart White Road.
- FEMA. EHP Clearance for the Town of Cheshire, MA. (Cascade Compressor System.)
Submitted: A 2015 Special Use Permit Application-Winter Events for Fishing and Boating Access. Cheshire Road and Gun Club Fishing Derby for February 15, 2015.
With all business finalized, Paul motioned to close the meeting, 2nd by Carol with a unanimous vote taken.
Time: 7:30 PM.
Carole A. Hilderbrand, Board of Selectmen Secretary
Carol A. Francesconi, Chairman
Robert S. Ciskowski, Clerk
Paul F. Astorino, Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds