January 24, 2017
In Attendance: Paul F. Astorino, Robert S. Ciskowski and, Carol A. Francesconi
Press: iBerkshires and The Courier
Due to Mark’s absence, the minutes were not available for the previous week.
Briefly discussed the interviewing schedule for the Town Highway Supervisor position to take place on Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 10:30; 11:00; and 11:30am at the Cheshire Town Hall. Three applicants have been scheduled.
Highway Department, Peter LeFebvre:
- Daily maintenance of trucks continues.
- Updated the BOS on equipment replacement and the need for a strategy plan to be in place. For instance, the grader was purchased in 1987 at a cost of $110K. A new one now could cost $370K to $380K.
Town Administrator, Mark Webber: Absent
Police Chief, Timothy Garner: Submitted the Weekly Report.
COA, Peter Traub:
- Submitted Resolution for Adopting An Age Friendly Community Strategy in Cheshire, Massachusetts. Carol will check with town counsel for a better understanding of the legality and responsibility of signing such a document. To be further discussed.
- Peter requester Peter L. to check the dishwasher at the center. It may be operator error, but Peter’s experience could possibly elevate calling for service.
Town Clerk, Christine Emerson:
- Informed the BOS that Senator Hines will be having an aide hold an open meeting at the Cheshire Community Center on February 7, 2017 from 11am to 1pm.
- Reported that the BRPC requested to place on the BOS Agenda a meeting on 1/31/17 regarding the Community Development Grant a “public discussion” at 7pm.
- Requested a Community Development Grant Hearing take place on February 21, 2017 at 7pm during the BOS open meeting. Attendance and meeting minutes will be required for documentation.
- Submitted “Offices for the Cheshire Annual Town Election:
One Selectman for a three year term
One Assessor for a three year term
One Board of Health Member for three year term
One Cemetery Commissioner for three year term
One Water Commissioner for three year term
One Planning Board Member for five year term
One Planning Board Member for three year term
One Adams-Cheshire Regional School Committee Member from Cheshire
Two Adams-Cheshire Regional School Committee Members from Adams
Nomination papers are available at the Town Clerk’s Office. Deadline to return nomination papers is Monday, March 13, 2017 by 5:00 pm.
The Cheshire Annual Election date is Monday, May 1, 2017.
Mail and Correspondence:
With all business finalized, Paul motioned to close the meeting at 7:30PM; 2nd by Robert with a unanimous vote taken.
Carole A. Hilderbrand, Board of Selectmen’s Secretary
Paul F. Astorino, Chairman
Robert S. Ciskowski, Clerk
Carol A. Francesconi, Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds