February 14, 2017
In Attendance: Paul F. Astorino, Robert S. Ciskowski, and Carol A. Francesconi
Press: iBerkshires and The Courier
Robert read BOS minutes for February 7, 2017. Carol motioned to accept the minutes as presented; 2nd by Paul with a unanimous vote taken.
Cheshire Historical Commission, Diane Hitter:
- Requested the Town of Cheshire to be aware of the sale of the Mason’s Hall on Church Street. She presented an overall picture of the historical value and felt it should be considered a, “Town Treasure.” Ms. Hitter wondered if Mark could explore different options to preserve the building.
- Robert will advise the Master Plan Committee at their February meeting.
- Ms. Hitter thought the sale price was $49K.
- The Cheshire Historical Commission was thanked for their endless efforts in preserving Cheshire.
- Reported that Peter purchased a new plow for $8,400.
- Presently under $4K for salt and sand account.
Highway Department, Peter LeFebvre: Absent
Town Administrator, Mark Webber: Absent
Chief of Police, Tim Garner: Weekly Report Submitted.
Town Clerk, Christine Emerson: No issues or concerns.
- Noted Rosanne M. Frieri, Cheshire’s Veterans Agent’s Schedule:
Tuesdays 10:30am-1:00pm Dalton Town Hall, 464 Main Street, Dalton, MA 01226
Tuesdays 1:00pm-3:30pm Dalton Senior Center, 50 Field Street, Dalton, MA 01226
Telephone: 413-684-6111 Extension *19
Mail and Correspondence:
- Berkshire Running Center, Pittsfield, MA. Requested the scheduling of a Steel Rail Half Marathon on May 21, 2017 and October 8, 2017 from 9:30am to 12:30pm.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Alcoholic Beverages Control Commission. 23. Unlawful purchase of any alcoholic beverages by a holder of a 15 license from other than a license holder under 18, 19, 19B, or 19C or from a holder of a special permit to sell issued under 22A. 204CMR 2.05 (2) Permitting an illegality on the licensed premises, to wit: M.G.L. c. 138. Akshar Ji Corp. DBA Cheshire Liquor Center.
- Letter from Gailanne M. Cariddi regarding inability to contact Cheshire’s appointed Veterans’ Service Officer.
- Bay State Elevator. Increase of elevator service to $160.68 a month.
With all business finalized, Paul motioned to close the meeting at 7:25PM; 2nd by Robert with a unanimous vote taken.
Carole A. Hilderbrand, Board of Selectmen’s Secretary
Paul F. Astorino, Chairman
Robert S. Ciskowski, Clerk
Carol A. Francesconi, Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds