February 28, 2017
In Attendance: Paul F. Astorino, Robert S. Ciskowski and, Carol A. Francesconi
Press: iBerkshires and The Courier
Robert read BOS minutes for February 21, 2017. Carol motioned to accept the minutes as presented; 2nd by Robert with a unanimous vote taken.
Highway Department, Peter LeFebvre:
- The dishwasher at the Cheshire Community Center is operating. Peter has ordered commercial soap and will be giving operational instructions to those who utilize it.
Town Administrator, Mark Webber: Absent
- Paul read Discussion Items submitted by Mark:
- Distributed the McCann FY 2019 budget materials. Mark invited Superintendent Brosnan to the Cheshire Board meeting on March 14, 2017 at 6:00PM to present his budget.
- Submitted Highway Superintendent help wanted ad to on-line version of Beacon.
- Gave Peter a copy of Project Contact Sheet for Sand Mill Bridge project and minutes from the February 7, 2017 meeting.
- Met with Bill Craig and Denise Gregoire of the Cheshire Advisory Board to transfer information from Bill to Denise.
- Requested a list of priority items to stay on top of.
- Noted that “ownership of land surrounding Kitchen Brook dam, and response; clearly the Town owns all of the property. No town department, even the Water Department can own property of any kind. By the same rules, they cannot be sued either.
7:00 Berkshire Regional Planning Commission:
- Documents signed by Paul.
Chief of Police, Tim Garner: Weekly Report Submitted.
Town Clerk, Christine Emerson: No issues or concerns.
- There is a school committee member remains open for the upcoming elections. Interested? Contact Town Clerk at 1-413-743-1690 Extension 22.
Mail and Correspondence:
- Department of Public Utilities. 1/30/17. Approval of General Increases in Base Distribution Rates for Electric Service and a Performance Based Ratemaking Mechanism for NSTAR Electric Company and Western Massachusetts Electric Company, each doing business as Eversource Energy.
- Selectmen’s Dinner on April 27, 2017 at the Skyline Country Club.
- Reported that there was a good turnout of residents to the meeting regarding possible school closings. Another meeting will take place on Thursday, March 9, 2017.
With all business finalized, Paul motioned to close the meeting at 7:30PM; 2nd by Robert with a unanimous vote taken.
Carole A. Hilderbrand, Board of Selectmen’s Secretary
Paul F. Astorino, Chairman
Robert S. Ciskowski, Clerk
Carol A. Francesconi, Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds