November 28, 2017
In Attendance: Carol A. Francesconi, and Ed St. John IV
Absent: Robert S. Ciskowski
Carol motioned to accept the minutes as presented for November 21, 2017; 2nd by Ed with a unanimous vote taken.
Cheshire Highway Superintendent, Blair Crane:
- Submitted Weekly Activity Log for 11/22/17-11/28/17.
- Picked up two (2) tons of cold patch asphalt.
- Gables and Lemanski culverts have been inspected and are functional.
- Competed roadside mowing – Harbor Road
- Submitted Bridge Inventory Spreadsheet.
Town Administrator, Mark Webber:
- Highway Union negotiations postponed; negotiator called and reported that she hit a deer on the way. Next meeting is schedules for Tuesday, December 5, 2017 at 9am.
- Spoke with Dalton Town Manager regarding the resignation of our Veteran’s Agent replacement. Mark is investigating other possible options for utilizing mutual town services.
- National Grid covered wires and installed a new pole in town today.
- Received a telephone call from MEMA regarding unclaimed funds in the amount of $1,000 owed from a 2008 ice storm. Paperwork has been submitted.
- Generated a facilities use form and policies for use of Cheshire School and the Community Center. This packet will be merged with the application form Ed St. John IV had submitted.
- Working on a RFEI draft for Cheshire School.
- Received a statement from BayState Elevator for the previously discussed de-commissioning of the Cheshire School chair life for $2,087. Mark will be discussing this issue with the ACRSD business manager and the Superintendent.
- Called and left a telephone message for Ed Clairmont regarding last week’s fence discussion.
- Working on boiler and heat issues at the school with Erika.
- Will be meeting with Blair to review Chapter 90 monies
BRPC Representative submitted initial paperwork to go forward with a grant for Community Development Strategy. Ed moved to sign the document and go forward with the grant process; 2nd by Carol with a unanimous vote taken.
Resident, Fred Jayko:
- Voiced concern over trash not being picked up at the high school. Carol said they would discuss the concern and have the Cheshire Police Department check it out to see if there were any names or addresses to follow up on.
Town Clerk, Christine Emerson: No issues or concerns.
Police Chief, Timothy Garner: Submitted weekly report.
ABCC Liquor Licenses and Common Victualler’s Licenses were signed on 11/21/17.
Mail and Correspondence:
With all business finalized at 7:50PM, Carol motioned to close the meeting; 2nd by Ed with a unanimous vote taken.
Carole A. Hilderbrand, Board of Selectmen’s Secretary
Robert S. Ciskowski, Chairman
Carol A. Francesconi, Clerk
Ed St. John IV, Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds