December 26, 2017
In Attendance: Robert S. Ciskowski, Carol A. Francesconi, and Ed St. John IV
Carol motioned to accept the minutes as presented for December 19, 2017; 2nd by Ed with a unanimous vote taken.
Cheshire Highway Superintendent, Blair Crane:
- Submitted Weekly Activity Log for 12/20/17 – 12/26/17.
- Repair and maintain snow removal equipment.
- Truck #3 in for repairs – emissions issues.
- Truck #5 Dodge blew another hydraulic motor.
- Truck #10 International has a blown a water pump. Working on a solution.
- Prep equipment for upcoming weekend snow.
- Blanks are in for the new loader.
- Truck #2 Ford F550 has a check engine light triggered during storm on Christmas.
- Snow removal. Salting/sanding as needed.
- Checking on daily temperatures for schools advisories.
- Discussed the fuel usage at the school and it was decided that past school usage should be requested and going further records will be maintained for data. Met for three (3) hours at the school to review the heating system and possible solutions for better efficiency.
- Presented copies of documents requested to Mr. Wojcik. Mark advised Mr. Wojcik to contact the Mass Highway Department in Lenox for specifics regarding Chapter 90 expenditures.
Town Administrator, Mark Webber:
- Received a resident’s complaint regarding no sand at the town shed.
- Spoke with Superintendent, Dr. Putnam regarding the possibility of sharing services for a Co Superintendent between Adams-Cheshire and North Adams. He stated that there was a grant available for the option. Further discussions will be taking place.
- ABCC Liquor Licenses have been data entered and are complete.
- Checking into options for a Veteran’s Benefit Agent for the Town of Cheshire.
- Mark advised the BOS that he and Blair are keeping updated on the Chapter 90 monies.
- Submitted invoice from BRPC.
- Becky is following up on health plan options. She noted that the figures on health cost savings under the new availability policy. For the remainder of this fiscal year: $29,388. If the rate does not change for the next fiscal year, the savings would be $58,776.
- Prepared Budget Sheets that will be distributed. The due back date is February 20, 2018.
- Mark will be meeting with the Advisory Board on Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
- Asked Blair to submit the invoice from BRPC for Complete Streets work to date. Blair will then have to run this through the Chapter 90 reimbursement system with Kathy Stevens at District 1 in Lenox. Additionally, Blair should review other outstanding project reimbursements.
- The next Highway Department/Union meeting will be January 9, 2018 at 9am.
- Requested Robert to sign the MOU for the BRPC (CDBG Housing Grant.)
- Advised Chief Garner that he is only required to provide copies of already produced documents and system generated reports for new software for public records.
Robert: Discussed Christmas decoration issue at schools and recommendations for going forward with safety always at the forefront for children.
Town Clerk, Christine Emerson: No issues or concerns.
Police Chief, Timothy Garner: Submitted weekly report.
Mail and Correspondence:
- Memorandum from MIIA seeking nominees for Directors of the Massachusetts Interlocal Insurance Association, Inc. and the MIIA Property and Casualty Group.
- Letter addressed to HVES Families from Superintendent of Schools, Robert Putnam dated December 18, 2017 and a heating issue.
With all business finalized at 8:00PM, Carol motioned to close the meeting; 2nd by Ed with a unanimous vote taken.
Carole A. Hilderbrand, Board of Selectmen’s Secretary
Robert S. Ciskowski, Chairman
Carol A. Francesconi, Clerk
Ed St. John IV, Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds