February 20, 2018
In Attendance: Robert S. Ciskowski, Carol A. Francesconi, and Ed St. John IV
Carol motioned to accept the minutes as presented for February 13, 2018; 2nd by Ed with a unanimous vote taken.
Resident’s John Tremblay and Sandra Sloane invited and updated the BOS on planned activities for the Saturday, March 10, 2018 first event to mark the 225th anniversary of the Town’s incorporation as an independent municipality in Massachusetts. For information: see www.cheshireproud.com on Facebook.
Cheshire Highway Superintendent, Blair Crane:
- Submitted Weekly Activity Report for: 2/14/18-2/20/18.
- Working in cold, rain, snow, and 70 degrees temperatures.
- Repaired and maintained snow removal equipment.
- Truck #3 power steering hydraulic line replacement/Delureys.
- Loader delivered. Works as designed and expected.
- Prepping grader for soft roads.
- Will be adding stone to gravel roads as they soften.
- Pothole patching.
- Robert will give Blair information on a Case Construction Grant for $25K. Blair will follow up.
Town Administrator, Mark Webber:
- Will from BRPC will meet with the BOS on 2-27-18 at 6:50PM for final signage. (Housing Grant)
- RFEI is due on 2/27/18.
- Scheduled a meeting with Tom/BRPC; Jim Berry, DOER, Town Building Inspector and the Cheshire Planning Board for 3/13/18 @ 7pm Town Hall.
- Submitted Memorandum regarding today’s 9:00am highway union meeting.
- Attended the Berkshire County Manager’s meeting in Lenox today. Able to network regarding lighting projects in other towns.
- Budgets are being submitted.
- BRPC revised scope of work and cost estimate for the discussed Depot and Railroad Streets proje4ct under the Complete Streets program. As of now, it comes in under the $400K maximum available grant amount.
- Read retirement letters from Josephine A. Lewis and Neil Baker from the Cheshire Cemetery Department effective on May 7, 2018. Carol motioned to accept the retirement letters; 2nd by Ed with a unanimous vote taken.
- It was also noted that Jack Girard will not be running for a position on the Cemetery Board.
Town Clerk, Christine Emerson: No issues or concerns.
Police Chief, Timothy Garner: Report submitted.
Mail and Correspondence:
- Email from Ed St. John, IV/Regina A. Hill to attend the 2018 Career Day invitation to Hoosac Valley Middle/High School’s Annual event.
- National “Read Across America” Day! Friday, March 2, 2018.
Note: Robert and Melissa Tarjick will be the Cheshire representatives on the Superintendent Search Committee.
With all business finalized at 7:25PM, Carol motioned to adjourn; 2nd by Ed with a unanimous vote taken.
Carole A. Hilderbrand, Board of Selectmen’s Secretary
Robert S. Ciskowski, Chairman
Carol A. Francesconi, Clerk
Ed St. John IV, Superintendent of Buildings and Groundsv