March 6, 2018
6:30PM

In Attendance: Robert S. Ciskowski, Carol A. Francesconi, and Ed St.

John IV
Absent:       
Press: iBerkshires

Carol motioned to accept the minutes as presented for February 27, 2018; 2nd by Ed with a unanimous vote taken.

The resident of 38 Prospect Street and two teens approached the BOS with an inquiry regarding the possibility of building a skate board/scooter park in Cheshire.  Mr. LaChance will look into the costs and availability of grants.

Cheshire Highway Superintendent, Blair Crane:
- Reported that the septic system at the highway garage has been fixed.
- Repaired transfer station stairs.
- Stewart White Road: filled in caved in section with gravel.  This is not permanent but should satisfy for a month or until springtime.
- Discussion regarding town mailboxes.  If a Town truck hits a mailbox and damage occurs, then the town will fix it.  Damage due to snow would not be the town’s responsibility
- Preparing for 18-24” of heavy snow conditions starting on 3-7-18.  The BOS or Blair will speak with Chief Garner regarding the Parking Ban for Wednesday night.
- Presently, Blair has a four (4) man crew.
- Repairing and maintenance of winter equipment continues.

Town Administrator, Mark Webber:
- Presented the BOS a letter regarding pending litigation.  The original was sent to Donna DeFino, Chairman of the Cheshire Planning Board.  A copy was sent to Town Counsel, Ed St. John III.
Carol motioned to have an Executive Session regarding the litigation on Tuesday, March 13, 2018; 2nd by Ed with a unanimous vote taken.
- Mark is working on the 2019 Budget.  He restated his suggestion to offer an across the board increase such as 2 or 3%. 
- The Complete Streets grants will be submitted for repairs on Depot and Railroad Streets.  The due date for submission is April 1, 2018. The amount requested is slightly less than $400K.
- The next Highway Union meeting will take place on March 20, 2018.
- Inquiry from an individual seeking a Letter of Non Opposition. (RE: Retail Marijuana.) To be placed on Agenda for March 13, 2018 at 7:30PM.

Robert:
- Will be attending training out of town on March 13, 2018.
- Robert will be attending Superintendent Search Committee meetings on Tuesdays March 20th and March 27th.


Town Clerk, Christine Emerson:  No issues or concerns.

Police Chief, Timothy Garner: Report submitted.

Resident, Mark Biagini:
- Reported chunks of blacktop on family driveway and lawn property due to snowplowing.  The BOS will speak with the Highway Superintendent.

Mail and Correspondence:

7:35PM Executive Session:
Carol motioned to go into Executive Session to:  “Discuss strategy with respect to collective bargaining or litigation if an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the bargaining or litigating position of the public body and the chair so declares.”2nd by Ed with a unanimous vote taken.
Roll Call:
Robert S. Ciskowski, Yes; Carol A. Francesconi, Yes; and Ed St. John IV, Yes.

The BOS will not return to the 6:30PM Open Meeting.

With all business finalized at 7:25PM, Carol motioned to adjourn; 2nd by Ed with a unanimous vote taken.

                 
Respectfully Submitted,

Carole A. Hilderbrand, Board of Selectmen’s Secretary

_______________________________________________________________
Robert S. Ciskowski, Chairman
Carol A. Francesconi, Clerk
Ed St. John IV, Superintendent of Buildings and Groundsv