May 1, 2018
In Attendance: Robert S. Ciskowski, Carol A. Francesconi, and Ed St. John IV
Press: iBerkshires and The Berkshire Eagle
Carol motioned to have the minutes for April 24, 2018 approved; 2nd by Ed with a unanimous vote taken.
(Meadowview Lane was changed to Meadowview Drive.)
Fence Viewer, Mark Warner:
- Reported to the BOS that Dr. Beisiegel needs to be released from an on-going fence issue with a neighbor. Mark will be contacting Town Counsel on this case, Attorney Jeff Grandchamp.
Cheshire Highway Superintendent, Blair Crane:
- Weekly Activity Log submitted 4/25/18-5/1/18.
- 55% of time was due to filling potholes. 40% of time was for maintenance on equipment.
- Grave digging on Wednesday and Friday.
- Blair will attend the Pole Continuation Hearing (Jenks Road) on May 15th.
- Spoke with Eric Whitney regarding front store drainage issues. A permit will be needed. Blair approved Eric taking down some trees.
- Researching the cost of a new mower.
- Grader arrived.
Marshall Maxwell requested information on submitting a ZBA Application.
Town Administrator, Mark Webber:
- Carol will be throwing the first ball for the Tee Ball League.
- Received an email on Friday, April 27, 2018 from Ben Girard/Royal Property Group rescinding their plans to have an informational meeting on May 9th at the Cheshire Community Center. They are now pursuing a separate location outside of the town borders that will be more cost-effective for their plans to have a Marijuana Retail Store in Cheshire on Route 8.
- Mark thanked Blair for his assistance on the Complete Streets application. The application has been accepted by the State and is now at Tier 3 status. This is the last step prior to funding approval.
- Would like to officially respond to repeated requests from Berkshire Boys to be placed on a upcoming Selectmen’s meeting agenda. Carol answered by saying she had emailed the group and explained that no action would be taken until after the annual town meeting and the passage of the marijuana bylaw.
- Prepared an updated budget along with past several year’s budget history, free cash use, special articles under consideration and level limit position to the Advisory Board. A joint meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 15th.
- Recommended meeting with the Water Commissioners for an official position on the Hutchinson Water Company.
- Received a classification study from ISO on the Town’s fire hydrants. Suggested referring the report to Fire Chief Tom Francesconi for his review and analysis.
- Submitted a letter to be sent to Mr. and Mrs. Thomas Bessette regarding road condition of Steward White Road.
- Updated budget submitted and discussed each line item of the preliminary budget.
Resident, Fred Jayko:
- Reported a tree fallen on the Swistak property (Wells Road). Additionally, it appears that construction materials are being dumped on the property.
Town Clerk, Christine Emerson: No issues or concerns.
Police Chief, Tim Garner:
Mail and Correspondence:
- Division of Fisheries & Wildlife. RE: West Mountain Road/Farnams Goodlife Corporation. Received a Forrest Cutting Plan Approval.
- ACRSD Physics teacher requested use of Cheshire Lake on June 14th from 9am to 11AM for a Recycle Regatta. Mark will follow up on the event and insurance coverage by the school.
Carol motioned to go into Executive Session; 2nd by Ed with a unanimous vote taken.
“To discuss the reputation, character, physical condition or mental health, rather than professional competence, of an individual, or discuss the discipline or dismissal of, or complaints or charges against, a public officer, employee, staff member or individual. (See Rights of Individuals on reverse.)
Roll Call: Robert S. Ciskowski, Yes; Carol A. Francesconi, Yes; and Ed St. John III, Yes.
Carol motioned to adjourn the 6:30PM Open Meeting at 8:50PM; 2nd by Ed with a unanimous vote taken.
Carole A. Hilderbrand, Board of Selectmen’s Secretary
Robert S. Ciskowski, Chairman
Carol A. Francesconi, Clerk
Ed St. John IV, Superintendent of Buildings and Groundsv