June 26, 2018
In Attendance: Robert S. Ciskowski, Carol A. Francesconi
Absent: Ed St. John, IV and Mark Webber
Press: iBerkshires and The Eagle
Board conducts the business session of the meeting by reviewing and approving weekly payroll and vendor warrants.
Carol opens the regular portion of the meeting. Carol makes a motion to accept the Board’s June 19, 2018 meeting minutes. Robert seconds the motion.
Highway Superintendent, Blair Crane: On vacation
Town Administrator, Mark Webber: On vacation
Issued four (4) one (1) day liquor licenses to the Cheshire Road and Gun Club. $200.00.
The Cheshire Board of Health was asked to check on debris at 143 Lanesborough Road. Carol also voice to Rick Salvi that she had received several complaints about the change of hours at the Cheshire Transfer Station. She said that there is a Citizen’s Petition for returning back to the original hours. The upcoming week will be particularly inconvenient as Wednesday is a holiday.
Carol read a copy of a letter received from a tenant at Pine Valley Mobile Home Park. It was written by Robert Kraus, Esq. on behalf of Pine Valley MHC, LLC. (Kraus and Hummel LLP dated May 17, 2018). “This is to inform you that Pine Valley MHC, LLC (“Seller”) has received and accepted an offer to sell the Pine Valley Mobile Home Park (the “Park”) for the sum of One Million Seven Hundred Twenty-Five ($1,725,000.00).”
- The Board of Selectmen, acting as the Cheshire Rent Control Commission, reminded all that the tenants, since 2016 have been paying a monthly rent increase of $7.20 a month. $5.12 was to go towards repairing and repaving the parks roads. The damage was occurred during the installation of the new septic system. From site visits made by Carol and Robert, they both agreed that the roads are in deplorable condition.
- The Selectmen were not aware of a sale and have no knowledge as to who the buyer is.
- Upon Mark’s return from vacation, the BOS will be having him write a letter to the advising lawyer.
At 7:00PM Donna Defino addressed the BOS by saying she had received an email before leaving from J. Zieminski cancelling this evenings meeting pertaining to the Host Community Agreement for Recreational Cultivation Facility at 128 Fales Road, Cheshire, MA 01225. A request was made to reschedule the meeting for Tuesday, July 17, 2018 at 7pm-Town Hall.
Cheshire Planning Board, Donna Defino, Chairman:
- Updated the BOS on the Monday, June 25, 2018 Continuation Hearing for the Ayotte Solar Project on East Harbor Road.
- Requested a posting be made and posted for a Cheshire Conservation Commission meeting for 5pm, July 20, 2018 at the Cheshire Town Hall for the Karen Scholz CCC application.
Town Clerk, Christine Emerson: No issues or concerns.
Chief of Police, Timothy Garner: Submitted weekly report.
Mail and Correspondence:
- MassDOT. Small Bridge Inspection Report/Sand Mill Road/Dry Brook - C-10-015. Rated 7.
7:30PM With no additional business to come before the Board, Carol made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Robert seconds the motion. A unanimous vote was taken.
Carole A. Hilderbrand, Board of Selectmen’s Secretary
Robert S. Ciskowski, Chairman
Carol A. Francesconi, Clerk
Ed St. John IV, Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds