October 2, 2018
6:00PM Open Meeting
In Attendance: Carol A. Francesconi, Robert S. Ciskowski
Press: iBerkshires, Berkshire Eagle
Board conducts the business session of the meeting by reviewing and approving weekly payroll and vendor warrants.
Carol opens the regular portion of the meeting.
Carol makes a motion to accept the Board’s September 25, 2018 meeting minutes. Robert seconds the motion. A unanimous vote was taken.
Highway Superintendent, Blair Crane:
- Submitted a Weekly Activity Log for 9/26/18-10/2/18.
- Highway Garage has a leak in the roof. Will investigate further and report back to the BOS.
- Culvert repairs complete. Sidewalk on School Street poured.
- H. A. George to look at senior center furnace Thursday.
- Reclamation of West Mountain Road to begin on Thursday. Paving of West Mountain Road and Wells Road is scheduled for Friday.
- Roughly ½ line striping completed. Rest to proceed after paving.
- Fire extinguishers inspected for school, highway garage and transfer station.
- Catch basin cleanouts to begin later this week.
- Cemetery duty tomorrow. Project will be completed on Thursday.
- Road grading and repairs on Outlook Avenue/pothole patching.
- Salt pricing is down roughly $3.00/ton from last year. Last year the County Bid was $59 per ton; State Bid $71 per ton. This year – County Bid $69 (+10); State Bid $56/ton (-$15 per ton.)
- Repair equipment for snow preparations.
- Made a motion to meet in Executive Session on Tuesday, October 9, 2018 at 7:15PM to:
To discuss the reputation, character, physical condition or mental health, rather than professional competence, of an individual, or discuss the discipline or dismissal of, or complaints or charges against, a public officer, employee, staff member or individual.” Seconded by Robert with a unanimous vote taken.
- Met with Pat Klammer to assess the best solutions for providing the most economical and easiest method for solving the heating in the old section of the school. Mr. Klammer and Adams Plumbing will be reviewing the concerns and will report back to the BOS. In the final analysis, the best solution may be to drain the water pipes in the old system.
Town Administrator, Mark Webber: Absent
Fence Viewer, Mark Warner:
- Submitted a letter written to Edwin Clairmont and Bertram Beisiegal dated September 20, 2018 regarding a site visit to inspect a fence by adjoining neighbors.
- Reported to Blair a request from a member of the Cemetery Committee the ability to view the process for a burial. Blair offered the schedule for a burial this week.
- Reported that the windows in the Assessor’s Office and the basement door will be repaired on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 by Berkshire Plate Glass.
Cheshire Police Chief, Tim Garner:
- Submitted Weekly Report.
- Reported receiving approval of the Marijuana Bylaw. She was reaching out to the AG regarding the 3% tax rate. The approval will be posted for thirty days.
Issued two (2) one (1) day liquor licenses to Whitney's Farm Stand for 9/29/18 and 9/30/18. $100.
Mail and Correspondence:
- Representative John Barrett will speak at the Cheshire Senior Club on October 24, 2018 at 1PM.
The BOS will write a letter to Ed St. John IV advising him of a change in his position on the Regional Agreement Amendment Committee from Selectmen representative to an at-large member. Additionally, the Selectmen will remove the current at-large member who has attended only one meeting.
With no additional business to come before the Board, Carol made a motion to adjourn. Robert seconds the motion. A unanimous vote was taken at 7:30PM.
Carole A. Hilderbrand, Board of Selectmen’s Secretary
Carol A. Francesconi, Chairman
Robert S. Ciskowski, Clerk