January 8, 2019
6:00PM Open Meeting
In Attendance: Carol A. Francesconi, Robert S. Ciskowski
Press: iBerkshires, Berkshire Eagle
Board conducts the business session of the meeting by reviewing and approving weekly payroll and vendor warrants.
Carol opens the regular portion of the meeting.
Carol read the minutes and made a motion to accept the Board’s January 2, 2019 meeting minutes. Robert seconds the motion. A unanimous vote was taken.
Highway Superintendent, Blair Crane: Absent
- Stafford Green Inc., presented the BOS a Community Host Agreement for an outdoor marijuana cultivation facility on Stafford Hill. The BOS will take the week to review. The plan is to hold an informational meeting on January 23, 2019 at the Cheshire Community Center. They will be advertising accordingly.
Interim Town Administrator, Ed St. John IV: Weekly report submitted:
- Working on upcoming budget. Free cash certification of $339,776.
- Conducted a survey of communities in Berkshire County and fees related to electric permits. Ed suggested the BOS review the inspection fees.
- Met with Lynn Melchiori regarding the updating of the Town's website. Ed will update the BOSas the process advances.
- Met with Pat Mullin and Rebecca Haight from BRPC regarding the administration of the DCBG grant. Cheshire, to date, has seven (7) applicants. A representative from BRPC will be scheduling time either Tuesdays or Thursdays for additional residents to sign up.
- Reported a second denial of Cheshire for a Complete Streets Grant with BPRC. Ed will be checking as to why the town was not granted.
7PM NationalGrid Pole Hearing/Jenks Road:
Carol: Read the notice.
- Lisa Jasinski, Representative from NationalGrid reviewed the changes starting at 800 Jenks going South.
- Carol approved rescinding the original hearing proposal; 2nd by Robert with a unanimous vote taken. NationalGrid will be working with the customer regarding the last pole on her side. (21 poles involved.) Carol motioned to approve the new plan; 2nd by Robert with a unanimous vote taken.
NationalGrid Pole Hearing/Jenks Road continued:
- Nate Girard, developer, updated the BOS regarding an Amos Farm Easement as it has been forward to his legal advisors.
Cheshire Police Chief, Tim Garner
- Weekly report submitted.
Town Clerk, Christine Emerson:
- No issues or concerns.
Rick Gurney requested a permit to hold an Ice Derby on Cheshire Lake for the Cheshire Rod and Gun Club on February 17, 2019 from sunrise to sunset.
Mail and Correspondence:
With all business finalized, Carol motioned to adjourn the meeting at 7:15pm; seconded by Robert.
A unanimous vote was taken.
Carole A. Hilderbrand, Board of Selectmen’s Secretary
Carol A. Francesconi, Chairman
Robert S. Ciskowski, Clerk