January 29, 2019
6:00PM Open Meeting
In Attendance: Carol A. Francesconi, Robert S. Ciskowski
Board conducts the business session of the meeting by reviewing and approving weekly payroll and vendor warrants.
Carol opens the regular portion of the meeting.
Carol read the minutes and made a motion to accept the Board’s January 22, 2019 meeting minutes. Robert seconds the motion. A unanimous vote was taken.
Highway Superintendent, Blair Crane: Weekly report submitted for 11/23/19-1/29/19.
Interim Town Administrator, Ed St. John IV: Weekly report submitted for January 29, 2019
- Updated the BOS on the first draft of changes to the Cheshire website.
- Completed and successfully passed the Massachusetts Certified Public Purchasing Official training and examination.
- Working with the Adams Cheshire Regional School District on budget and Levy numbers. Ed will be meeting with department head for budget input.
- Met with Caroline Massa, BRPC, regarding the Green Community project. The Cheshire Planning Board met with BRPC to discuss changes to the Zoning By-Laws that would have to take place.
- Met with Dr. Vosburgh and scheduled to meet with the School District to discuss their budget on February 19, 2019. The School District will then meet with the Finance Committee from Adams and Cheshire on February 26, 2019 and ultimately look to approve their FY 2020 budget on March 11 at the Middle/High School.
- Question regarding Chapter 61A Classification. Seeking a vote waiving the right of first refusal prior to the February 28, 2019 expiration of the statutory period.
- Request from the Department of Public Utilities looking to use the Community Center on March 28, 2019 at 7pm. The petition is for a rate change with the Hutchinson Water company.
Dr. Vosburgh, Paul Butler, and Adam Emerson:
- Paul Butler reviewed The Towns of Adams and Cheshire Massachusetts Regional School District Agreement- Section by Section. The document can be viewed on the Adams Cheshire School District website.
- Attended the community outreach meeting regarding the establishment of a marijuana growing facility on Stafford Hill at the Community Center on January 23, 2019. There was a question and answer period and in general the meeting was calm.
- Requested Ed to check into interns for the summer. Previously, it was thought that interns could be utilized for traffic studies.
- Will be on vacation from Robert’s day job and he will be checking out Harbor Dam with Ed on Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 1pm.
- Robert would like guidance from National Grid and BRPC regarding LED street lights. He also suggested the need for an inventory to be done by a specialist at night.
Cheshire Water Department, Travis Delratez:
- Travis requested Ed to put out a Bid for Emergency Water Repairs.
- Travis suggested meeting on second Tuesdays for better communication between departments.
Cheshire Police Chief, Tim Garner
- Weekly report submitted.
Town Clerk, Christine Emerson:
- No issues or concerns.
Mail and Correspondence:
With all business finalized, Carol motioned to adjourn the meeting at 7:40pm; seconded by Robert. A unanimous vote was taken.
Carole A. Hilderbrand, Board of Selectmen’s Secretary
Carol A. Francesconi, Chairman
Robert S. Ciskowski, Clerk