February 19, 2019
6:00PM Open Meeting
In Attendance: Carol A. Francesconi, Robert S. Ciskowski
Board conducts the business session of the meeting by reviewing and approving weekly payroll and vendor warrants.
Carol opens the regular portion of the meeting.
Carol read the minutes and made a motion to accept the Board’s February 12, 2019 meeting minutes. Robert seconds the motion. A unanimous vote was taken.
Highway Superintendent, Blair Crane: Weekly report submitted for 2/13/19-2/19/19.
- Multiple call outs- ice for Saturday, February 16, 2019 and Sunday, February 17, 2019.
- Salt shed at 30% capacity.
- School heating oil tank at 6200 gallons, system is ok and operational.
- Truck #2 down with water pump replacement.
- Prepping for another round of weather for Wednesday and Thursday.
- Winter sand is available to residents at town garage.
Town Administrator, Ed St. John IV: Weekly report submitted for February 5, 2019.
- Contacted Spectrum to update the internet service on Thursday, February 21, 2019.
- Will call Spectrum to discuss accounts.
- Ed submitted the necessary paperwork for the LED street light grant. He informed National Grid and the Department of Public Utilities of a request for information to buy back the street lights.
- Contacted Macfarlane’s to schedule an appoint to look at the town’s equipment and to review what is available if we were to decide to upgrade.
- One bid has been received for the Water Department Emergency Repairs.
- Have received four (4) applications for the Highway Department laborer position.
- Checked the domain account that hosts our .gov addresses and it appears we are all set until September of 2019.
- The School Committee cancelled for this evening and have rescheduled for March 5, 2019.
- Significant progress has been made on the budget. Many departments have submitted their proposals and I will update as more come in.
Cheshire Board of Health, Michael Biagini Jr.:
- A Summary Notice of Regulations will be advertised in The Berkshire as soon as possible. It states: “Notice is hereby given that the Cheshire Board of Health (located at the Cheshire Town Hall) on February 19, 2019 at 7:30PM, voted to adopt regulations pertaining to the Board of Health regulations for piggeries with an effective day of June 1, 2019. For a copy of the regulations please come to the town hall during business hours.”
Resident, Mike Biagini-Route 8
- Requested assistance with a water problem from an adjoining neighbor which has ruined part of his driveway and has become a safety issue when family members attempt to use the driveway. Travis will viewed the issue and report back to the BOS.
Town Clerk, Christine Emerson: No issues or concerns.
Cheshire Police Chief, Tim Garner
- Weekly report submitted.
- Introduced Cody Alvarez to the BOS as a candidate for a part time police officer position.
- Carol motioned to appoint Cody Alvarez as a part time police office for the Town of Cheshire; 2nd by Robert with a unanimous vote taken. Mr. Alvarez will be on probation until the May elections.
Mail and Correspondence:
With all business finalized, Carol motioned to adjourn the meeting at 7:00pm and to go into Executive Session; seconded by Robert. The BOS meeting will not reconvene. A unanimous vote was taken.
Roll Call: Carol A. Francesconi, Yes; and Robert S. Ciskowski, Yes.
Carole A. Hilderbrand, Board of Selectmen’s Secretary
Carol A. Francesconi, Chairman
Robert S. Ciskowski, Clerk